Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Mishary in US (April 2007)!

...And I missed it. God, how I want to hit my head on the wall. Sheikh Mishary Rashid al-Afasy came HERE, to the Ann Arbor Mosque... and I missed it. :( I found he also made some appearances at other masjids in the area too (all of which I found out about AFTER he'd left.)
Khayr... I guess all for the best. I comfort myself by thinking that even IF I had heard his beautiful recitation live, it still would have probably been from a speaker. And it's not as though I'd have gone up amd talked to him (which would just be really wierd).
However, I did see a video of the recitation and nasheed from the mosque, which was amazing, mashallah, though admittedly not any different than watching the many videos available on Youtube from various overseas TV channels.
Anyway, till next time, wasalaams,
Sumaiya
P.S. -- Btw, there's a video of Al-Afasy's "Ta'ala al Badru Alayna" posted below (about three or four post down).

No comments: